Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mysuru Bengaluru


I just can't believe people are so jobless , and are getting so very stupid day by day . Shakespeare had once said "WHAT'S IN A NAME?" . Seriously what's the big deal about changing the names of cities to make them sound 'Kannada'ish or whatever ? Just look around and we have LOOOOAAAADS of problems all over . Horrible roads, poor water supply, ... ohh forget it , the list goes on . Does any of these get solved after NOV 1st when MYSORE becomes MYSURU ???????? NO CHANCE AT ALL . Have we realised the amount of money that goes into this change of name , esp. the administrative cost ? More importantly, we being in a democratic country, are supposed to have all the control over all the important decisions . Was there EVER a general public opinion taken regarding this stupid , unnecessary process of changing names ? NO . And what's the whole idea of painting those english signboards black ? Gosh heights of stupidity !!!

I agree we are a nation known for its culture and we need to preserve it . But, DEVELOPMENT COMES FIRST ... PROBLEM SOLVING COMES FIRST . People regard themselves as great achievers after having done such stupid acts . But has any one of them thought about what could be done to ACTUALLY make our places better ones to live in ?


I just wanna say I LOVE MYSORE TO THE CORE , regardless of how it's spelled or pronounced and I'd always say I'M PROUD TO BE IN "MYSORE" .

1 comment:

My3 said...

hey akhi..!! :) I don read anything much.. but i just couldn't stop myself from reading ur entire blog.. Just didnt realise how an hour passed by.. seriously!! Ur blog is just awesome.. Its simply soooo sweet..:) Not posting this comment for any obligation or anything.. truly felt like..!! U rock Akhi!!! :)